23 October 2011

A wee whine

Since we are very hopeful that this is the last time I will be able to whine about this for ages (say nine months), I will admit that today I am feeling thoroughly miserable. I spent a couple of hours during the night pacing the living room in a codeine-induced daze while holding a hot wheat bag to my tummy. I was sick and my temperature was all over the place. I just wanted to go to sleep but I was far too sore. It was no fun. Today I am feeling moderately better, but I am very tender around the middle. My back aches and I am going to go back to bed for a while later. At least it wasn't as bad as last month! I wonder if my cycle will change after pregnancy?


So it is day two and tonight D will give me my first Gonal-f injection. I spoke to the nurse at the clinic yesterday and I have an appointment for a scan on Friday. This is to see how well the stimulation drugs have worked and to count how many follicles are present. The more the better! D says he is nervous about hurting me with the injections but I am sure it will be fine. By the time he has done it seven times, he will be an expert!

No comments:

Post a Comment