27 March 2012

And we're off

I had another blood test yesterday and the nurse at the clinic rang me this morning with the results. It showed that I have ovulated and that it's time to start the first of the injected medications, Buserelin. I was surprised to hear that I need to start it this morning and, since D has gone to work already, I had to inject it myself. It was a bit fiddly drawing the right amount into the syringe from the bottle and I was slightly nervous doing the actual injection, but it seems I am a good nurse and it didn't hurt a bit (though the site is slightly itchy now). So the pattern for the next ten days or so will be a Buserelin injection first thing in the morning before D leaves for work, then I'll have a blood test on 5 April, and then we'll add an evening injection of Gonal F to the regimen. It feels very much like we're at the beginning of another journey but we don't know yet what we'll find at the end.

1 comment:

  1. The squeamish part of me congratulates you on being able to inject yourself... and overall, I have my fingers crossed...

    ReplyDelete