19 April 2012

Almost half a cricket team!

This morning a technician from the clinic rang me to let me know how things had gone in the laboratory overnight. She said that of the nine eggs that had been picked up, six were mature and five of those had been fertilised with D's sperm. That's a good number - certainly better than the two we had last time!
It is thought best that they are allowed to grow to the five-day stage rather than just three days, so we have arranged that we will attend the clinic on Monday morning at 10.00am to transfer one of the embryos back into my uterus. It's a relatively simple and quick procedure and we have been through it twice before - here's hoping it will be the last one we need! The remaining four embryos will be stored in the freezer in case we need them.

I am feeling fairly well but my breasts are quite large and sore and my tummy still feels distended. It feels as if I need to go to the toilet all the time! This is caused by the progesterone pessaries I am taking, which are helping to make my body ready to support a baby. It's not very comfortable but it's all for a good cause.

1 comment:

  1. I'll be thinking of you tomorrow, and have my fingers crossed already...

    Sending positive thoughts your way,
    CG

    ReplyDelete