12 April 2012

How many?

Today we went into the clinic to see Dr C for our first ultrasound scan for this cycle. I have been having the Gonal F injections for five days now and the blood test I had yesterday showed that my estrogen levels were "nice and high", so it was time to see what my ovaries have been up to.
The scan showed a better result than last time: three follicles on the right side and seven on the left. Several were quite large but most were smaller. With luck they will continue to grow and then there will be lots of healthy eggs to extract. There seems to be no particular reason for having more on one side than the other; it all depends which ovary is more active. We talked about dates and it is likely that the egg pickup will be on either Monday or Wednesday, but I'll have another scan on Saturday and we'll know more then. Before we left the nurse gave us enough Gonal F to last another few days. It was a very positive appointment!

1 comment: