06 October 2014

The result

First thing this morning I went down to the lab and had my blood taken for the pregnancy test. It all went very smoothly and I was in and out within a few minutes.

This afternoon a nurse rang from the clinic with the result: negative. I sent D a text message and he rang me back and I gave him the news. I am annoyed, but not surprised. I don't yet feel sad or angry, but I assume that that will come. D feels much the same, I think.

I guess this is for two reasons. After I started bleeding on Friday and it turned into something much like a period, we were both sure that that wasn't good. Also, we have a frozen embryo available for transfer and there's no reason we can't get on with another attempt as soon as is feasible. We'll see what happens after some time to allow life to return to normal.

No comments:

Post a Comment