26 October 2012

The last review and blood test

This morning D and I had our review appointment with Dr C at the clinic. She was very kind and sympathetic, and we talked for a while about how we felt and where we might go from here. It seems that there was really nothing that anyone could have done differently. This pregnancy just was not meant to be.


So what we have decided for now is that we will take a break from fertility treatment. We do not know one way or the other what will happen in the long term, but I feel very strongly right now that I would like to try again some day. We just need to take a few months to think about other areas of our lives and also allow my body to recover from all the poking and prodding and manipulation.

I have not had a period since we started this cycle, even though it was expected that I would have one a week or two ago, so Dr C asked me to have another blood test to see where my hormone levels are at. I did that at the laboratory near the clinic and the nurse rang this afternoon with the results. They show that I have ovulated, so I should expect a period early next week. The first period after a negative result is never easy because it is another confirmation that things did not go as we had hoped, but at least everything seems to be normal.

So the journey is not over, but we have stopped for a rest to gather our thoughts and rediscover our so-called normal lives. Stay tuned for the next instalment!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so very sorry...

    Sending positive thoughts your way...
    Please take care,
    CG

    ReplyDelete