02 November 2011

Egg collection day I

When I was little and my grandma had chooks, I loved collecting the eggs. We would keep them on the bench in an old ice cream container and every morning I would have one boiled with toast soldiers. That was a very long time ago and the chookhouse has been taken down and replaced with an apple tree.


So today it is time for a different type of egg collection. D and I are going into the clinic in a few minutes. I will have my procedure and then D will have his turn to collect some sperm. I may not be feeling very well this afternoon - apparently I can expect some cramping, constipation and tiredness. The embryologist will call us tomorrow to let us know how many eggs have fertilised and then they will be left to grow for a few days. I am feeling fine, though I was nauseous again this morning and my breasts are lumpy and sore. I guess that means my hormones are awake and ready!

1 comment:

  1. Sending all sorts of positive thoughts...
    Wishing you both the best and I have my fingers crossed...

    ReplyDelete