04 September 2013

A good scan

Today I got up earlier than usual and braved the morning traffic into the city (horrendous) so that I could pick up D from work and have my blood test before the scan appointment at 8.40am. We got there just in time but then had to wait for 15 minutes or so. That wasn't a problem, but it's funny how getting worked up over something uncontrollable like traffic turns out to be completely pointless.


Dr P did the scan today with Nurse J to assist him. And it's looking good! There are now six follicles on the right and ten, perhaps more, on the left. The biggest follicle has turned into a 24mm x 24mm giant. So everything is looking good for an egg collection on Friday.

Before we left, we saw Nurse E and she gave me my final Puregon injection and dispensed the Ovidrel (trigger) injection. The clinic will give me a call this afternoon to tell me precisely when to have this. It will have to be exactly 36 hours before the egg collection, so sometime this evening between 8.30pm and 10.30pm.

We left the clinic feeling very positive. My only complaint: my breasts are so sore! Good old hormones.

1 comment:

  1. This is awesome news!!! Although, the traffic issues and hormone aspects aren't so great; there's big smiles re follicle count and size :)

    Take care,
    CG

    ReplyDelete