20 September 2013

Blood and boats

This morning as I was driving to the lab to have my blood test, the radio station I was listening to was full of news about the upcoming Americas Cup race. All the expected questions - will we win, will we be successful, will this be the day - really didn't help my heightened sense of anticipation. Driving home, after Team New Zealand had lost that race, I felt myself hoping that this wasn't a bad omen. I don't normally think like that, but for a little while it felt that the rest of the country was joining us in our overwhelming feelings of nervousness and hope.

The blood test went fine, so now it's just a matter of waiting a few hours until the clinic calls me with the results. We didn't sleep well last night. Neither of us could stop all the conflicting thoughts running amok through our heads. At the moment, I simply can't imagine what it will feel like if the nurse tells me the test is positive. I think I have prepared myself for a negative result. More later.

No comments:

Post a Comment